Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Winter Joy

Another of the stamps I got at the convention in Westminster. It is called Winter Square by "Art Gone Wild". I knew this image would be great for square cards! How cute is he!!!! I stamped the image on Whisper White cs and then used my Prismacolor pencils and gamsol to color. I added some sparkle with the glitter gel pen. I layered this on blue cardstock that I ran through the snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder. I used "joy" from a retired Stampin' Up! set (name slips me as I type this!). I punched holes on the side with my Crop-o-Dile and set the jumbo eyelets with it too! But then I decided I needed to punch the corners and could only do three of them with the ticket corner punch since the eyelets were already set and I couldn't get the paper all the way in! Shucks!!! I used the small oval punch and then the oval frame from Hodgepodge hardware. I added CE to this! I am doing another card that I will post tomorrow that I am sending into SU with this little bling to the hardware. The snowflake ribbon is something I picked up at Michales. I love how this turned out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan, that's so cute! Love your image, the coloring and the dry embossed background.
Hugs and smiles

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love all the detail on this card, very nice! I just found your blog through a link from Beate's, cool!