Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

October SMAK

Ok.....you are asking, "What is a SMAK?" It stands for Small Act of Kindness. In the rubberstamp world, this means a rubber stamped item. On one of the many rubber stamp groups I belong to, you can sign up for a monthly swap. This is mine for October. With the Stampin' Up! Designer paper special starting on November 1st, this is a great card to make! Simple and easy! Julie Buhler, another demo, had this on her blog so I decided to CASE it. She wasn't sure how to keep it closed, so I came up with a solution!!!! I had some little magnet buttons from ProMAG and a thin magnetic adhesive sheet. (I got them at Michaels) I used my 1/4" circle punch to cut the magnetic sheet and used this on the inside right of the card, and used a mini glue dot on the inside left to hold the magnetic button on. Works like a charm! The card itself is made with the Coluzzle. I folded my card in half and then used the coluzzle circle that is about 4-1/4 " around. You need to bring part of the circle past the fold so you will have a flap to open the card. I used Certainly Celery Cardstock for the base, and stamped with the swirls from Baroque Motifs with Certainly Celery Classic ink. I then cut a 1-1/4" strip of Soft Sky and then a 1" strip from Wintergreen Designer Series paper. I put some of the blue gingham ribbon around these and mounted to the center. You will have to turn your card over and trim the access. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my greeting from Sincere Salutations and stamped with Basic Black ink. I then used my Crop-0-Dile (COD)and punched a small hole in the tip of the front only, added a silver eyelet with the COD, and added some more blue gingham ribbon so it can hang!
How cute would this be with a family photo in it!!!!

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

Such a cute idea to use a magnet! This is so pretty...quite a lovely ornament. :)