Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I am Batty!

I am! Really! Look how long it has been since I updated on here! Geez! Too much going on I guess and no time to stamp! Sooooooo........I finally had a little time and made these last night and finished them up with a cork backing today. These are tiles I have had that I got at Home Depot. I don't think they carry them anymore. Anyway....here are the details on how I did them.

I wiped the towels first with a damp paper towel to remove the chalk like stuff that can be on them and let it dry. I then used my Batty wheel and wheeled it across my Black Stazon ink pad. Then I used my heat gun to set the ink. I then took my sponge daubers and pastels and colored the tiles using Only Orange, Real Red, Lovely Lilac, Green Galore, and YoYo Yellow colors. I then sprayed them with a clear acrylic sealer made by Krylon. I cut cork for the backs and glued them on. Now I have coasters for part of my gift for a Halloween exchange!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joan, these look amazing!!!!