Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Life's events

Haven't had time to blog.......been busy with daily life. My sister's Mother-in-Law passed away on May 1st. It has been a very sad few days. This wonderful woman was a sweetheart who loved her family and welcomed everyone with open arms. Lu, you will be missed. And my little nephews who two of are too young to realize what is happening have given us a few laughs. Colin, who will be 4 in a few months was getting ready to go to the funeral home last night. Here is how my sister said the converstation went. Mom: We have to get you ready to go say goodbye to Mama. (this is what the kids called their grandmother) Colin: Where is she going? Mom: to Heaven. Colin: is Papa driving her? Mom: (crying) No. Colin: Is she going to walk? Mom: No., Remember how when your fishies died and they went to Heaven? Well Mama is going to Heaven and she can now take care of the fishies. Colin: Are we going to flush her? At which point, my sister who was crying...........lost it and burst out laughing! Then today..............during the funeral mass. Colin had to go potty, so big brother Bryce takes him back to the bathroom. They are gone for quite some time. Colin then comes up the ailse and proceeds to tell my sister in a loud whisper that she had to come help him with something. Seeing her dilema, I crept up the aisle to get Colin to see what was wrong. I take his hand and take him to the back of the church. Bryce is waiting there with a smile on his face, rolls his eye's, and shrugs his shoulders. This is how it goes... Me: Bryce, what's wrong? Bryce: He dropped his gum in the toilet. Me: Gum he was chewing? That's okay. Bryce: No, his whole container. Me: Were you in the men's room? Bryce: Yeah. Me: stand guard while I go in. Bryce: Ok Me: walking into the men's room and crack up laughing! In the toilet is this! So knowing that it wouldn't clog up the toilet I proceeded to flush! Then grabbed toilet paper and removed it. Tossed it in the trash and washed my hands! I know that Lu was chuckling on that one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Thanks for entertaining us with your sweet nephews comments.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Thanks for entertaining us with your sweet nephews comments.

Hugs