Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Shell-A-Bration

I love this stamp set called Seaside! This is my Dad's birthday card. (he usually doesn't look at my blog!) I used the Shell Collage Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background. I inked the folder with my Creamy Caramel ink pad and then put my Shimmery White cardstock in the folder and embossed. It put the ink on the inside of the embossing part. I then stamped the shells with Creamy Caramel onto SW and cut them out. I popped them up with dimensionals. (the larger shell has double layers of them) I tied the striped ribbon around the layers. Then I stamped Happy Birthday using Everyday Flexible Phrases and cut the phrase out with the Word Window punch, set a Creamy Caramel eyelet with my Crop-A-Dile and tied it to the ribbon with linen thread. I layered this onto Basic Black and then on my Creamy Caramel card. I love the texture of this card!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is truly gorgeous! I haven't bought that CB folder because I wasn't sure what to do with it.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful.
love the cut out seashells.. thats a great idea!
happy easter

Deb Salerno said...

I love this card, now I need to hunt down the retired embossing folder on Ebay so I can make it !!! Great job, stampindj@yahoo.com. aka, deb