Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Friday, November 06, 2009

Applesauce- via the Demarle at Home Large Round Mold!

I bought 1/2 bushel of apples in WV on the way home from my knitting retreat a few weeks ago. They have been in the garage waiting for me to finish using them up. Connor has been home from school all week with the H1N1 virus so I stayed home today too to keep an eye on him and was in the kitchen a big part of the day! I made two Apple Crunch pies, and 4 rounds of Applesauce. I have never made applesauce before.....but will from now on! This was sooooo easy!
I used my Large Round mold from Demarle at Home! (click on the highlighted words to view the mold and other items I am referrring to).
The recipe calls for 8 apples. I can't remember what the ones I bought were called, but they a little tartness to them. Core and peel the apples. Place in the Lg Round Mold on top of a plate. Add 1tsp. cinnamon, and a sprinkling of nutmeg, along with 1/4 - 1/2 c. water. Stir. Cover with Octagonal Silpat and microwave for 10 minutes. Stir, then microwave for another 5-6 min., or until apples are tender. Mash with a potato masher! That's it! How easy is that! And it's yummy too!
But what else can you use the mold for you ask????? I make a killer cheesecake in this!
Bake a cake, roast a chicken, or veggies, or anything for that matter, and clean up is a breeze!
And here is a recipe for Lasagna Pie.
Happy Stamping & Knitting!

No comments: