Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Some see it as JUNK.....I see it as a TREASURE!

I am often accused of being a pack rat. I save things that I know I can use later......I almost always find a use!!! Well......I have a few of these tins. I get them at the local Asian market. I really buy these things because I like the container....but these cookies were pretty good too!
So here's what I did! I covered the tin with some paper from my stash. I think this one was from Glitter Stacks. I used my Big Bite Crop-a-Dile to punch holes in the lid. I punched more holes after I took the picture. I used my Marvy Scallop Oval punch and my SU Word Window punch to cover it up since it was pretty rough. I typed the words using my computer. The flower is decorated with my SU Scallop circle punch and a silk flower. I used some of the same paper and made the flowers center with a SU Build-A-Brad. Now I need donations!!!!!!

3 comments:

Ret said...

hi Joan,
I love the bank you made!! What a perfect tin for that! You did a great job, it's really cute.
tfs,
Ret
http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/crafty1ret

Lynn Put said...

This is really cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Love how this turned out!