Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Tisket a Tasket.....I made a little Green Basket!!!!

OMG! Now I know why hand made baskets are expensive! This little basket measure about 4-1/2" wide by 4-1/4" high and took me foreva!!!!!!! REALLY! I wish I had timed myself..........but I know it was a few hours! And it isn't perfect by any means! I saw this tutorial on Laura Canale's blog and knew I had to try it! Laura you are awesome for making up this tutorial! I ended up using a bit more than was called for, cause it just wasn't working for me!!!
My paper is Wild Wasabi. I used some hardware from Hodgepodge hardware to frame out the words "be happy" from retired set So Many Sayings. The little flower brads are some that I had in my stash! I stamped a flower with the Scallop Circle punch, and the flower stamp from the SAB set, So Many Scallops, used a prima flower and brad to finish it off. Then I added an eyelet with my Crop-O-Dile and tied it to the basket with my Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon. PHEW!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Joan, I LOVE IT...your little green basket!!! Love the little plaque on the front! You did a great job and I am so happy that you shared it with me!! Have a wonderful day!

Catherine said...

oh, this is gorgeous, i've seen several of this basket...love yours