Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Friday, February 22, 2008

A Cup of Tea!

I really had fun making this little card. I love the new Summer Picnic Designer Series paper in the Occasions mini that is starting on March 1st!
To make this card I cut Old Olive cardstock 3-1/4" x 9-3/4". I scored at each end at 3-1/4". I cut the top of the last section off to create the little pocket. Then used Sticky Strip to seal just the bottom portion. On the front of the card I layered with Real Red cs and then a piece of the Summer Picnic paper. On this I made a flower using a stamp from the SAB set called So Many Scallops. I used the one with the birthday candles in it but covered it up with a circle cut with the 1-3/8" Circle punch in Bashful Blue. Then I inked up just the Happy Hellos from the SAB set called Lots of Thoughts with my black marker and stamped it into Old Olive and punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle punch. I also used the Photo Corner punch and inked up just the small words on the same word stamp noted above. I used a flower ribbon slide that is also in the upcoming Hodgepodge Hardware set in the Occasions mini. I ran the Red Gingham ribbon through it and tie it around the card. I secured it by using two dimensionals on the top and bottom of the flower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I can't wait to get that paper! And the poem is so nice. Thanks for sharing once again!