Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Snowflakes in August!

The last day of August!!! Where has the summer gone? Geez! Before we know it, Christmas will be here and the cold will be back. So in honor of this here is my paint can all decorated for a gift or a treat.
Stamps:
Super Size Snowflake*******Available Sept 1st in the Winter Mini Catalog!!!!
Snowflakes (retired)
Riveting (retired Hostess set)
Cold Play (just for small snowflake on band of paper around can)
Paper:
Whisper White CS
Taken with Teal
Ink:
Silver Encore
Taken with Teal
Accessories:
1-3/8" Circle punch
1-1/4" Circle punch
Marvy Scallop Circle punch
2 way glue pen
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
mini glue dots
Sticky Strip
Snail adhesive
ribbon
sparkly filler for inside of can
This is a paint can I got at Staples. I used a 12 x 12 piece of cs for the center band. It doesn't quite fit all the way around, so I used the large snowflake to cover where the paper doesn't meet. Works perfectly!!!
I stamped the outline image of Super Size Snowflake randomly all over the cardstock, filled in with the words from the stamp "Winter Wishes" with Taken with Teal. Then used the small snowflake from Cold Play and Silver Encore to fill in the spaces.
I used Taken with Teal to ink up the large solid image of the snowflake and stamped on another sheet of WW. I cut out, added the 2-way glue pen to the image and then Dazzling Diamonds. I let this dry. I used mini glue dots to adhere the band to the front and Sticky Strip for the Snowflake.
I used Marvy Scallop Circle punch for the top of the can and stamped with the Snowflakes stamp set and used Snail Adhesive to adhere to the lid.
The Happy Holidays from Riveting stamp set was stamped on white the cut out with the smaller of the circle punches and layered on Taken with Teal CS cut with the larger circle punch.
If you look real close, on the photos you will see a silver washer. This came attached to the can with one of those plastic thingies (for lack of a better word!) I cut it off and used ribbon to tie it back on. This is used to open the lid on the can.
I finished by adding some sparkly filler I had in one of my bins! Now it is ready for a gift or goodies!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great can!!!