Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hubby who hates to Shop!

Our anniversary is coming up on the 9th. My dear husband HATES to shop. In our 13 years of marriage I can probably count on one hand how many times he has gone with me. He says he gets sick from the air in the malls!
So............when I saw this stamp from Stamping Bella I knew I had to have it! (and many others as well!)
This card is what I came up with for our anniversary! I used some In-Colors cardstock and ink ink pads by Stampin' Up, and some Twinkling H2O's, prima flowers, SU's Photo Corner punch, and the Crafter's Tool Kit to make the small holes along the long strip and photo corner punch. I distressed everything a little with my Basic Brown stamp pad. The brads are from the Vintage group. I also used the Cuttlebug Heart Blocks Embossing Folder. I added some ribbon and I think that covers it!
I wrote a little poem for the inside too!
Thirteen years
Have come and gone
Our love still grows
Our bonds are strong.
Ups and Downs, we've had a few
But through it all
I still love you!
Take me shopping?
You say, No,
I'd have to carry the bags you know!"

2 comments:

Catherine said...

i love the way you place the hearts embossed only on the edge...love, love, love it!

BTW, Happy 13th Anniversary! Make sure to take him shopping with you =)

Catherine
inksomia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is just PRECIOUS! I love your card, the colors are GREAT! And your poem is just perfect, I'm sure he will love it! Congratulations on your anniversary! :)