Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gingerbread making is stressful!

Can you see that I am catching up on blogging! Last one for today! Connor and I made a gingerbread house. It was one of those pre-made kits that I got at Michael's. I was disappointed in the candy though. The ribbon type candy was all stuck together and we didn't have enough to make all the windows. I also used some starlight mints that I had for the roof. I could have used more icing too....but oh well! I of course didn't read the instructions and should have done the sides of the house first. But I didn't and put the roof on too....which was sliding all over the place! Finally took it off and waited for the sides to dry............It turned out okay! This is the back.
Close up of the front round window.
One of the sides.
The front of the house.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
*****UPDATE**********
When I was taking down the decorations, I threw this out for the birds and squirrels! They devoured it! So now you know what to do with yours next year!
Happy Stamping & Knitting!

No comments: