Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thoughts & Prayers

This stamp set is beautiful. Perfect for just about any occasion, and a set for sympathy and get well cards. I hate to have to make a sympathy card, but sadly needed one. The base of this card is Rose Red and I used one of our new Texture plates to emboss the front of the card. I inked up the tree stamp with Basic Brown and stamped onto the Whisper White piece of CS. Then I used Crystal Effects and used some Sweet Pea Flower soft to bring the tree to life! I also have lots of "stuff" that I got for 90% off when our local Recollections went out of business and decided to try some crackle paint. I just painted it on a small piece of Whisper White and then inked up the sentiment from the set and stamped onto it when it was dry. Then punched with our new Scallop Oval punch(Available tomorrow!!!). I also punched the paper with the Photo Corner punch. I used Chocolate Chip for the layers and a Chocolate Chip ribbon to finish it off. I just used a marker to ground the tree.
The inside of the card was made by just using markers on part of the flower stamp and the sentiment stamped in Basic Brown, and another photo corner.

No comments: