Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Sweet 16 needs quick gift!

Connor needed a gift and card to take to a friends 16th birthday dinner/party. Guys don't know what do get girls who are friends so he suggested cash. Easy! Cash is impersonal, but who doesn't like to get it...right?! So I went to my bin of scraps and grabbed some Greenhouse Gala dsp. I used the scallop border punch on Whisper White and them mounted the dsp to it. This was mounted onto a Chocolate Chip base card that was embossed with an embossing folder. For the sentiment, I created the words on my computer and printed onto WW cardstock. I used the large circle punch and cut it out. Then I ran sticky strip around the circle and then covered it with some scrunched ribbon I had in my ribbon stash. (non-SU) The large brown ribbon is a retired product that I hoard!!! I stamped the inside with the birthday phrase and cake. The can, is made from an empty fruit pop-top can that is covered with the same DSP. The flower is die cut and mounted onto the can. I added ribbon to the ring of the pop-top. (the can has filler and cash inside!) Happy Stamping & Knitting!

No comments: