Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back from vacation blahs!

Back from the OBX and miss it already! The weather here is very overcast and depressing! Need to put things away and then hope to get some time to play with my new Stampin' Up! toys!
While at the OBX I did hit a scrapbook store called Beach Memories. I got a few cut outs with the words Nags Head and some designer paper that says OBX etc. They didn't have a big selection of rubber stamps, but I did pick up one of a local lighthouse and a cool crab one.
And of course I got to go to the two Yarn Stores that were there.
My first stop was Knitting Addiction. Jeanne and Brittany were very friendly and very helpful! And one of the best things was as I was shopping, Brittany took my yarn that I had already picked out and started to wind it! This was a special treat and I didn't have to ask to have it done! What a great service! I picked up their pattern books and a few of the patterns that were free with the purchase of yarn! How AWESOME is that!!!!
Then on our last day there, we drove to Manteo and I stopped in Fine Yarns at Kimbeeba! Sybil gave me a grand tour and I was in AWE of the weaving machines and the dying studio! Would love to have had more time to take a class! Will be sure to include that in my next trip!
Happy Stamping & Knitting!

No comments: