Shop My Etsy Shop for Handmade Gifts!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy 12th Birthday Connor!

Today is my baby's 12th birthday! I cannot believe that the years have flown by so fast. I can still remember sitting there in the doctors office, having a stress test done 2 weeks before my due date. Then being told I needed another test at the hospital. Here I was, by myself, thinking it was all okay........Mike was working. Well I had to call him and get him there quick! I was going to have an emergency C-section!!!! Was I prepared??? No! My parents were on their way to the beach, but came to the hospital instead. Connor was born at 1:17pm. But there were problems. He had pulmonary hypertension. He had to be intubated and paralyzed and medicated. He had stopped breathing twice. So here I am, laid up from having a Spinal, and I couldn't see him! It was touch and go the first night. Makes me cry as I type this. He was there for a week and then came home. I kept his bassinet right next to me and watched him closely for the first few nights and then was able to relax.
Now my baby is as tall as me, and growing up into a fine young man! I love you Connor, with all my heart!

No comments: